6 simple habits to creating a safe home to heal
1. Clean residue free Cleaning is the action of removal, Sometimes we forget the simple. Cleaning is simply removing from a surface what isn't part of that surface. When your cleaning is complete, the only thing that should be left behind is the surface.
Start with the mildest means and use the process of: wash, rinse and dry. Adding the technology of effective microfibers makes cleaning more effective without leaving a residue behind. Think removal and think twice about reaching for disinfecting wipes for your daily cleaning.
2. Wash up- One of the best and easiest ways to minimize exposure to germs and viruses is simply washing your hands. Rub hands together for 20 seconds wash, rinse and dry
Wash hands as soon as you return home from being out and about in the public
Wash hands before you eat
And of course wash up after using the bathroom;-)
3. Fresh air is essential to life! Make a point to open up your windows and doors. Our homes need to breathe just like we do. There needs to be fresh air in every day. Homes are absolutely healthier with fresh air flowing in and tired air flowing out. Think fresh air- not air fresheners or synthetic fragrances.
Open windows and doors at least once per day- breathe in
Run exhaust fans, open windows - breathe out
4. Unclutter your home. When your home is all tangled up and out of order, it is hard to truly relax. When you unclutter your home your nervous system has a chance to relax. When you are relaxed you rest and heal better. By cleaning and decluttering your home you are rebooting it. It has the same effect as unplugging your computer for 60 seconds. ahhhhh exhale.....)))))))
5. Create sacred spaces. Surround yourself with people, pets and things you love. When you look around and everything you see is nourishing you are happier. You feel nourished and supported. This is how you should feel. Let go of things that drain you. Less is more
6. Bring nature inside and go outside. There have been some excellent studies showing how patients heal faster when they can see nature. We tend to spend 80-99% of our time indoors. At the very least bring a bit of nature inside with fresh flowers and plants. Open up windows and let nature be part of your home. Go outside. Spend time outside, sitting, walking and being.
When we are happy and relaxed we give our body, mind and spirit a chance to heal. If you would like further training in cleaning, uncluttering, creating sacred space call on me anytime. Wishing you all deep breaths, joyful days and nourishing spaces,