Monday, July 7, 2014

The unexpected discovery from hard water deposit experiment

   Have you ever stumbled upon an unexpected gift while searching for something completely different? This is what happened to me.  While trying to find a solution for our clients, to prevent hard water deposits in showers, I got a huge bonus.

    In our business, we clean a lot of showers and hard water deposits go hand in hand with showers.  Those deposits have an irritating habit of just hanging around, drying up, leaving white deposits and then bonding to soap to create a lovely little chemical bonding called: soap scum!!  

   Was it possible to prevent or at least minimize those pesky hard water deposits?  We tried a test at our own home.  We purchased a shower filter, installed it and waited to see if it would work.
   What happened next was an unexpected gift.  

    Let me back up a bit.  For years, I had dry skin on my hands-in between my knuckles.  And if you know me, you would also know I tried pretty much everything (healthy) I could think of to get rid of my dry skin. I took omega 3 oil.  I ate avocados, flax seeds and walnuts. I drank lots of water and I put on lotions, oils and I still had dry skin.  Until...drum roll... we tested the water filter to remove hard water deposits.  

  The filter we use is also designed to remove the chlorine.  After, less than two weeks of using this filter, my dry skin disappeared.  And to this day, I have not had one bit of dry skin between my knuckles.  Unless, I use a high alkaline soap/cleaner but that story is for another day.

  I am not a shower filter expert.  The only thing I can share is what I have used.  And by the way, shower filters are not very pretty. A shower filter is just a filter that goes between the wall and your shower head.  But with all the products we use for beauty- this little not so pretty addition, is a good addition.  I should also mention I also noticed an improvement of my hair and all my skin.

   I don't know if you will get the same results I did but I have a hunch if you are sensitive to chlorine as I probably am, a good shower filter might prove helpful.

  And to answer our original question, would a filter prevent hard water deposits? I'm pretty sure it does.  We don't have any noticeable hard water deposits in our shower, but we also rinse, dry each day and don’t live in Gig Harbor- which is notorious for its hard water deposits.  I also can tell you this, if I did live in a home with an abundance of hard water deposits, or if we were on well water, or if I had dry skin I would give a good shower filter a try. 

 As always, wishing you a healthy, happy and residue free home.
      Denise


  If you would like more information on the shower filter we use or how to get one, please just give me a call or e-mail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment