Monday, January 16, 2017

Clutter clearing- removing residue from your wild soul

What do clutter, residue and weeds all have in common?  They all cover up or hide your essence.  To me clutter is a form of residue.  Residue is what covers up,  muddles your own personal clarity, your enthusiasm for life.  If you want your eyes to sparkle again, your heart to be open and your joy of living to expand, you must clear the residues, the clutter or weeds in your life.  Residue is stress.

 When we clear the clutter from our life, it is never about the stuff, it is about your spirit.  It's what is weighing heavily, exhausting, muddling, over whelming our lives.  It can be stuff, or tasks, people, or emotions.. the what doesn't matter.  Every garden has weeds trying to take root.  I love helping clean out residues and clutter and weeds because I want to see that sparkle, the uplifted breath, the smile pop out.  I love seeing a little wildness...


 Last night I was reading from John O'Donohue's book Anam Cara.   I happened on a passage called:  The Passionate Heart never ages- page 187-188.  This is exactly what I mean when I say clutter, residue or weeds:  physical, mental, spiritual and emotional..

"I know some very old people who have hearts full of roguery, devilment and fun; there is a sparkle in their presence.  When you meet them, you have a sense of light, lightness and gaiety.  Sometimes in very old bodies there are incredibly young wild souls looking out at you.  It is so invigorating to meet a wild old person who has remained faithful to their wild life force."

I have had the privileged of spending time with my 4 grandparents and great aunt Velma.  In their 90's and even Aunt Velma at 103- they had a clarity, a curiosity, a since of innocence and excitement in living. Was life always easy?  No, but they never lost that wild spark!  This is what I want for myself and you.  Wild joy!  A wild spark - a place that is untouchable from life.  This is sacred space.


I wish you joy, not because you are trying to be happy but because joy unexpectedly bubbles up from somewhere inside,
        Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment