Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Autumn and TLC are the perfect team

Change is in the air.  Autumn does that to us.  The season of Autumn is all about change.  It comes swiftly and brilliantly.  Colors ablaze, crackling leaves scatter down the streets and our gardens beg to be put to bed.

It takes a lot of energy to change your life and yet our lives are meant to change.  It is the nature of being alive.  All this shifting and movement can be exhilarating and but also tiring.

Tonight, while I'm super excited about the changes in our lives I also am feeling the need to add a bit more TLC into my life to keep me strong, balanced and healthy.

When I need TLC this is where I go first:

I minimize stimulants:  Sugar, caffeine and even most natural sugars

I go back to simple, whole, real foods.  I can't put my finger on it but when I eat food that has many ingredients or food that no longer resembles food or food that comes in a can, a box or bag...I start loosing my natural vibrancy.  I find stress having a bigger impact on my well being.

I start going back to bed earlier:  I try to think life my grandparents - they were all dairy farmers:  Go to bed early and get up early to milk the cows.

Stress comes with life, change comes with life but there is much we can do to bring ourselves back to balance.  Simplify your life, your diet, your activities and then breathe!

Autumn is my favorite time of the year!  Most of my big life changes have come in the Autumn. It is the nature of the season to change but in the process of change add in a bit of TLC.

As always, wishing you all a happy and healthy home,
      Denise

No comments:

Post a Comment